Probate & Succession
This legal service is for those who are inheriting assets in Spain of a deceased person.
Succession in Spain is a complex matter that needs to be handled by an expert lawyer. This is compounded by the fact there are 17 regions in Spain each with their own laws on the matter besides national laws. There is also local regulation from town halls which may significantly impact taxation due i.e. local tax allowances.
Our all-inclusive service offers:
- You will only deal with native English-speaking lawyers.
- Collating all the necessary paperwork.
- Drafting a Power of Attorney to act on behalf of beneficiaries.
- Requesting a Wills Certificate from the Central Registry of Wills in Madrid.
- Obtaining the will from the Notary Public where it was signed in Spain.
- Attain a NIE number for heir/s (when appropriate).
- Drafting and signing deed of Inheritance Acceptance.
- Assistance at Notary Public (when appropriate).
- Calculating, filing and payment of Spanish Inheritance Tax.
- Calculating, filing and payment of Plusvalia tax.
- Lodging the new deed before the Land Registry with updated owner’s details.
Legal fees: on application.
We will be very pleased to discuss your matter with you. You can contact us by e-mail at email@example.com, by telephone on (+34) 952 19 22 88 or by completing our contact form to book an appointment.
Related legal service
Spanish Inheritance Tax Assessment Report (SITAR)