Legal Property Report (LPR)
It is a legal report useful for both buyers and tenants interested in buying or renting out a property in Spain. It provides a legal health check on a property procuring peace of mind.
Commanding an LPR from us avoids all the following pitfalls:
- Ensures the vendor of a property is who he says he is. This report avoids frequent sales ownership scams.
- Ensures you are not buying a property riddled with debts and charges.
- Ensures you are not overpaying on being duped by the plot size or the built surface.
- Ensures you are buying residential land and not some other type of land with is less valuable i.e. rural land.
- Ensures the property has all the improvements and extensions duly registered at the Land Registry. This avoids fines from your local town hall or even having the property bulldozed on the back of a judge’s order.
- Ensures you are buying the same property you have been shown by the owner. This avoids the typical sales scam.
- Ensures you are buying freehold property and not an administrative concession, for example.
- Ensures compliance with Spain’s Coastal Law.
- Ensures you are not buying a property that is to be embargoed (legally seized by a law court)
- Ensures the property you are renting out is residential and not commercial property.
- Ensures against registered long-term tenants inhabiting the property (with tenant entitlements).
An LPR delivers all the following useful information in English:
- Property owner
- Property type (residential, rural, housing official protection, administrative concession etc)
- Brief property description (useful to crosscheck for any physical discrepancies)
- Plot size
- Built surface
- Liens & debts & encumbrances against the property
- LPR usually takes less than 48 hours.
- The report is in plain English, easy to understand.
Legal fees: €150 *
*The report does not include a study of the urban or planning situation of the property.
We will be very pleased to discuss your matter with you. You can contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, by telephone on 951 894 675 or by completing our contact form.
Buying property related articles