Gifting property & money
Whilst some property owners may find it unnecessary, or even pointless, to hire a lawyer on gifting property (i.e. to family), it is strongly recommended to avoid tax and legal problems.
The generous tax breaks in Andalusia on gifting property do not operate automatically and require the input of a lawyer to organize the procedure. Hire a lawyer and ensure you pay no gift tax, or as little as is legally possible.
Our conveyance fee is 100% tax-deductible on selling the property.
Marbella-based Larrain Nesbitt Abogados has over 19 year’s conveyancing experience at your service. Our team of native English-speaking lawyers and economists have a long track record successfully assisting expats all over Spain, including Madrid and Barcelona. You can review here our client’s testimonials. We offer the most competitive fees in the market.
Legal fees: on application
Our service is all-inclusive:
- Deal only with native English-speaking lawyers.
- Breakdown of associated expenses and taxes for both giftor and giftee.
- English translation.*
- Ensure payment is correct
- Arrange signing of Gift deed before a Notary Public**
- Calculating, filing, and payment of associated gift taxes (capital gains tax, plusvalia tax, and gift tax).
- Tax mitigation. Our lawyers will endeavour to take advantage of regional tax breaks on gifting.
*Does not include contract translation, which incurs additional fees.
**Does not include discharging a pre-existing mortgage; additional fees apply.
We will be very pleased to discuss your matter with you. You can contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, by telephone on (+34) 952 19 22 88 or by completing our contact form to book an appointment.
Gifting property related article