Non-Resident Imputed Income Tax (Fiscal Representation Service)
Non-residents, on owning property in Spain, are required to file a yearly tax before the 31st of December each year called the Non-Resident Imputed Income Tax. For 2018, our cut-off date to accept filing NRIT tax returns is Thursday the 20th of December 2018. Please do not wait until the last moment to file your tax return.
Appointing a lawyer as your fiscal representative in Spain to file and pay on your behalf your Non-Resident Income Tax and Wealth Tax returns (if applicable) has a number of advantages:
- Professional Indemnity Insurance which you can claim from in case of negligence or malpractice. Currently this cover stands at €1,000,000 with Larraín Nesbitt Lawyers.
- Registered professionals. Larraín Nesbitt Lawyers only employs qualified and registered Abogados and Economists. Registered abogados are subject to disciplinary action by the Law Society so must conduct themselves honourably to continue practising or else risk being barred.
- Complete the tax forms in Spanish.
- Ensure you do not overpay on calculating the tax due on your property based on its rateable value and the number of days you have owned it on a pro rata basis.
- Submit the tax returns before the Tax Office in a timely manner (thus avoiding attracting penalties and surcharges on late payment).
- Setting a fiscal representative’s address to deal with all tax-related correspondence generated throughout a fiscal year.
- Reply to any tax notifications within the deadline ensuring tax compliance.
- Appeal misunderstandings or material errors (additional fees may apply).
- Up-to-date knowledge on fast-paced fiscal changes.
What is NOT included in this service:
- If you are renting out your property in Spain, whether short or long-term, in addition to hiring this service, you also need to hire the below holiday rental accounting service (HRAS).
- Holiday Rentals Accounting Service (HRAS). Landlords with private holiday rentals need to file taxes on a quarterly basis. This service has a different set of legal fees. Please ask us.
Legal fee: €90/year*
*This fee is up to two joint property owners. If there are more, higher fees apply.
We will be very pleased to discuss your matter with you. You can contact us by e-mail at email@example.com, by telephone on (+34) 952 19 22 88 or by completing our contact form.
Related tax articles