By Raymundo Larraín Nesbitt
31st of March 2020
11 Tips to Avoid Contagion
- Stay home.
- Wash your hands with soap (for 20 seconds at least).
- Don’t shake hands. Keep your social distancing, avoid gatherings.
- Don’t touch your face with unwashed hands (mouth, nose and eyes).
- On leaving your house, wear a face mask. Asymptomatic virus carriers can avoid spreading the virus on wearing them.
- When coughing or sneezing, cover your mouth (use a handkerchief). Avoid using your bare hands. If you don't have a handkerchief, cough or sneeze into your flexed elbow.
- Avoid using lifts (where possible). The virus remains airborne for up to 3 hours. If you are forced to use a lift, do not touch anything. The virus can survive in plastic and stainless steel surfaces for up to 3 days.
- When shopping, use gloves and bring your own reusable bags. Pay only with cards, do not use banknotes or coins (virus carriers).
- Remove your external clothing when you get home and leave it outside in a terrace, if you can. The virus can live up to two days on your worn clothes. When doing the laundry, ensure the temperature is warm, between 60º and 90º.
- Quarantine all delivered parcels leaving them untouched for 3 days. The virus can survive in cardboard surfaces for up to 24 hours.
- Car engine. Not strictly related to contagion, every 3 or 4 days run your car engine for at least 5 minutes to avoid battery loss. The last thing you want is to lose your car in a lockdown.
Please note the information provided in this blog post is of general interest only and is not to be construed or intended as substitute for professional medical advice. This article may be posted freely in websites or other social media so long as the author is duly credited. Plagiarizing, whether in whole or in part, this article without crediting the author may result in criminal prosecution. VOV.
2.020 © Raymundo Larraín Nesbitt. All Rights Reserved.