Conveyancing – Selling
Whilst some property owners may find it unnecessary, or even pointless, to hire a lawyer on selling, it is strongly recommended to avoid problems. A seller that does not hire a lawyer is vulnerable and may fall prey to payment scams and/or commission abuses. We offer the most competitive fees in the market.
Legal fees: From €795
Seven key reasons to hire legal representation in Spain on selling:
The majority of points above can only be done by retaining a lawyer. Hiring a lawyer on selling adds security and helps you pay less taxes. More details in our article: 7 reasons on why you need legal representation on selling in Spain.
Our all-inclusive service offers:
- Deal only with native English-speaking lawyers.
- Negotiate with the buyer.
- Request a deposit or reservation fee.
- English translation.*
- Ensure payment is correct (avoiding scams).
- Ensure the sales contract signed with your chosen estate agent/s is above board - avoiding abusive clauses i.e. illegal commissions.
- Signing of Private Purchase Contract.
- Coordinating at the Notary the signing of the deed.
- Tax mitigation. Our lawyers will endeavour to offset both the associated purchase costs as well as the refurbishment expenses on your property to reduce your tax burden as much as is legally admissible (contingent on the vendor supplying us with the original invoices).
- Calculating, filing and payment of associated sales taxes (both capital gains tax and plusvalia tax).
- Non-resident's 3% sales refund: claiming back the funds withheld by a buyer on account of a seller’s capital gains tax liability (if applicable).
*Does not include contract translation, which incurs additional fees.
We will be very pleased to discuss your matter with you. You can contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, by telephone on (+34) 952 19 22 88 or by completing our contact form.
Selling property related articles