Fiscal Representation (Non-Resident Income Tax): Tax Model 210
Non-residents, on owning property in Spain, are required to file a yearly tax before the 31st of December each year called the Non-Resident Imputed Income Tax.
Appointing a lawyer as your fiscal representative in Spain to file and pay on your behalf your Non-Resident Income Tax and Wealth Tax returns (if applicable) has a number of advantages:
- Mandatory Professional Indemnity Insurance which you can claim from in case of negligence or malpractice. Currently this cover stands at €800,000 with Larraín Nesbitt Lawyers.
- Complete the tax forms in Spanish.
- Ensure you do not overpay on calculating the tax due on your property based on its rateable value and the number of days you have owned it on a pro rata basis.
- Apply for tax relief (where possible).
- Submit the tax returns before the Tax Office in a timely manner (thus avoiding attracting penalties and surcharges on late payment).
- Setting a fiscal representative’s address to deal with all tax-related correspondence generated throughout a fiscal year.
- Reply to any tax notifications within the deadline ensuring tax compliance.
- Appeal misunderstandings or material errors.
- Up-to-date knowledge on fast-paced fiscal changes.
What is NOT included in this service:
- Holiday Lettings Accounting Service. Landlords with private holiday rentals need to file taxes on a quarterly basis. This service has a different set of legal fees. Please ask us.
Legal fees: From €90 (plus VAT)
Non-Resident Taxes in Spain – 8th December 2015